A key goal of the IAH CGCC and UNESCO GRAPHIC Programme is to facilitate the dissemination of knowledge and exchanges of experiences related to groundwater, climate change and human development. To aid in this, we seek to maximise participation at organised events and the dissemination of outputs from each meeting. A listing of upcoming events and past meetings is given below. Members are encouraged to advertise relevant meetings – please email details to one of the IAH-CGCC Co-Chairs.
- IAH-CGCC meeting in Bangkok: Resilience of Groundwater Systems to Climate Change and Human Development (8-11 Feb 2016)
- 42nd Congress of the International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH), Groundwater & Climate Change (3.2) in Rome, Italy, 13-18 September 2015.
- Observing groundwater storage changes in Benin & Burkina Faso in Cotonou (Benin), 9-11 February 2015
- Workshop at the University of Abomey-Calavi under UK-funded UPGro Groundwater Atlas project (led by IAH-CGCC Co-Chair) involving scientists and students from Benin and Burkina Faso Priority that focused on the analysis of observational records of long-term groundwater-level time series. This activity contributes to the goals of The Chronicles Consortium.
- 4th Annual meeting of G@GPS-Palaeogroundwater from past and present glacial areas in Tallinn (Estonia), 5-9 July 2015
- Workshop and training course were conducted and led by Rein Vaikmae, Dioni Cendon and IAH-CGCC Co-Chair Jianyao Chen involving 30 research scientists around the world.
- 41st Congress of the International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH), Marrakech, Morocco, 15-19 September 2014. (contact: CGCC Co-Chair Richard Taylor)
- ISMAR8 – 8th International Symposium on Managed Aquifer Recharge, Beijing (China), 15-19 October 2013 (contact: CGCC Co-Chair Jianyao Chen)
- 40th IAH Congress, Perth (Australia), 15-20 September 2013 (contact: CGCC Co-Chair Richard Taylor)
- AGU Fall Meeting, San Francisco (USA), Special Session: Remote Sensing, Modeling, and Ground-Based Monitoring of Groundwater Resources, 3-7 December 2012 (contact: CGCC Co-Chair Bridget Scanlon)
- 39th IAH Congress, Niagara Falls (Canada), Special Session: Groundwater & Climate Change – Challenges and Opportunities, 16-21 September 2012 (contact: CGCC Co-Chair Richard Taylor)
- AGU Annual Assembly, San Francisco (USA), Groundwater and climate change: evidence from remote sensing and in situ monitoring (Special Session) 7-11 December 2011
- Methods for the study of long-term groundwater dynamics - INQUA, Tozeur (Tunisia), 1-5 November 2010
- XXXVIII IAH Congress, Krakow (Poland), 12-17 September 2010
- COP15 Copenhagen Climate Summit - Groundwater, Climate Change & Adaptation, 10 December 2009
- Groundwater & Climate side event - World Climate Conference 3, Geneva (Switzerland), 1 September 2009
- XXXVII IAH Congress, Hyderabad (India), 8 September 2009 - meeting report
- Groundwater & Climate in Africa, Kampala (Uganda), 24-28 June 2008